Everyone has their Friday 5… 10 lists… Or whatever.
Welcome to a Sunday Nine!
AHHH. I spent a long time blogging this list from my phone while at work last night and then posted it and it only did the first 4… DOH. No wonder no one liked it… someone could have told me!
9 Food Staples in Our Kitchen
9. Veggies- I’m being generic here because we have them all… Broccoli, spinach, peppers, onions… Etc etc
8. Chia Seeds- I love these crunchy little guys. And they are nutritionally dense!
6. Eggs- we can easily go through 18 in a week (it would be more if the husband ate breakfast at home all 7 days of the week instead of only 4-5 due to the Army feeding him)
5. Bananas- easy to toss into gym bag to consume after a run or workout. good for the body. badda-bing-badda-boom
4. Sweet Potatoes- “po-ta-toes… boil ’em, mash ’em, put ’em in A STEW”… (air five to anyone that knows what movie that comes from) Anyway… Literally though… Mashed, Hashed, Baked, Sauteed, Grilled… I love sweet potatoes.
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST… THIS SHOULD COME AS NO SURPRISE IF YOU HAVE BEEN READING MY RECENT POSTS….
1. Guacamole- it’s delicious on eggs, it saves dry burgers, it makes for a tasty snack when mixed with tuna… is there anything this wonderful food can’t do?!? (please note: that is not enough guac on the burger… the person that made that is
certifiable… probably a really nice person since that leaves more for me)
Interesting fact: the top 4 are all things I have developed a taste for over the course of the past year. In the past, I would have had 4 different staples: oatmeal, cheese, M&Ms (the addiction was for real), and microwavable lunches (Hot Pockets, Bagel Bites, michelina’s, and Pasta bowls).
What foods supply the foundation of your grocery lists?
What are some of your staples of the past?