Here I sit… coffeeless because the coffee that was brewed was so badly burned that it’s a crime…
To make matters worse? there is some dude in here working with me (I’m an ambulance dispatcher tonight)… I usually work alone, he makes noises, has the TV on…. he’s “training” yet he isn’t answering the phones… I’m like “WTF dude, I know how to do my job… you’re the one that doesn’t so how about you answer the 9-1-1 phone?!?!?” inside my head but out loud I’m like *picks up phone* “9-1-1 where’s your emergency”….. I feel like he’s over there thinking…
I made my return to CrossFit today after two days “rest” after the competition. I say rest like that because I had a 4mi shakeout run on Monday followed by stretching and an Epsom salt bath. Tuesday, I took the dog on a 2mi brisk walk and then took another Epsom salt bath. Apparently, those baths are magical…
I do not typically walk around such a shade of near crimson… I am smiling because I was thrilled. I managed to complete this in 19:54 and beat the 3 guys in my class. One of them flipped me off… it was a compliment of sorts. 🙂 I then looked at the board and only one other person had clocked a time under 20. So I was quite thrilled. One thing I don’t get about this pic is the fact is disguises the amount of sweating I was doing (maybe because I was in front of a giant fan?). I was straight slinging sweat when I was doing my situps and back extensions. I dominated. 🙂
So how about I share one of those recipes that the husband and I have enjoyed recently?
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers (original site has guacamole recipe… I was lazy and just used the prepackaged guacamole. It works better in our home)… these photos ARE mine (clearly, who accidentally cuts too close and loses the stem 3/4 times if you’re like a semi-professional chef person). They are Paleo. They are yummy.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra butter, ghee, or other fat of choice for greasing and baking
- 4 peppers (I like using yellow or orange, but use what you like!), tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
- ½ cup hot sauce* (I use THIS)
- ¼ cup butter* or ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your dried spices together.
- Place your chicken breast and sliced onions in a single layer on a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with dried spices. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a small pat of butter or other fat of choice over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt ¼ cup butter in a pot over medium low heat. Once melted add in hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked, run a knife through the chicken and onions until chicken is in small bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in all 4 peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peppers are softened to your liking.
- Serve with Guacamole. Enjoy!”
These are every bit as delicious as they look. Honest. We ate ours with another veggie for a side. But for some people it may be filling enough as is. Hubby and I chopped our peppers up and slathered on some guacamole. Recently guacamole has become a staple in our lives.About a year ago, I hated guacamole. I’m not entirely sure when that changed?
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH my goodness. Now he’s eating something that comes out of a crinkly wrapper. WE’RE IN A CONFINED SPACE. He’s driving me nutssssssssssssssss. That sound literally causes my body to clinch… I get nauseous if it is prolonged. He is watching Hardcore Pawn (a show I can’t stand)… smacking his mouth. I feel like I’m being tortured slowly right now. He’s burped approximately 4 times within the last 90 seconds…. AGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Do you have a food that you used to hate and then suddenly you love it?
What’s your pet peeve? What just absolutely drives you nuts?
When was the last time you felt like you straight dominated a workout?