in the two weeks I have been missing and not blogging I have:
-read 3 books (An Abundance of Katherines and Looking For Alaska, both by John Green… And Bridget Jones Diary)
-observed one of the most beautiful sunsets i’ve seen in recent memory
-started a new book (Beach Music by Pat Conroy)
-taken a yoga class in a church where my unit is in TN that I will never return to because it was awful
-spent 2 nights and days in the woods playing Army (I was a part of the opposing forces and that was rather fantastic)
Clearly, I make good use of my time.
Now I’m gonna share some of my thoughts and personal discoveries
1) I complain far too often and at some point, I will figure out a good way for me to fix that.
2) I love my cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks, but I think my favorite way to have coffee is fresh ground and brewed at home with French Vanilla creamer. I do enjoy coffee shop environments though. I never got to do the coffee shop dates though and get jealous when I see scenes like that in movies or TV shows
3) I latch onto memories for dear life. Sometimes it is to feelings and memories I should have let go of years ago. I am proud to say that I have finally freed one that has been prisoner for far too long and as a result, I am finally reading “Beach Music” by Pat Conroy. I’ve had that book for years and would not read it because of the inner turmoil the memory of the person that told me it was their favorite book.
items with attached memories
4) Yoga is the key to my life. I may not breathe in when they are telling me and I may forget to make the “haaaa” sound as I struggle to balance in some weird tree pose… but it has brought balance to my life.
5) “Hero Week” at CrossFit is a week of the most demanding workouts in honor of fallen heroes (mostly military). It’s the one week a year you are encouraged to push too hard (while still being smart). It’s the one week where you dig a little deeper to sweat a little more and push a little further for the Hero being honored. I always learn a lesson during Hero Week. Last year, I learned that I can survive. This year, I learned that I need to really incorporate more strength sessions into my training and that I have made progress over the past year (repeated a workout and was able to use 30# more this year than last year). I learned that I am a part of a family at my gym and that I’ve only been isolating myself. Oh, and “Murph” is brutal in 90 degree direct sunlight with 85% humidity, but somehow I still beat last year by 7 whole seconds. haha 🙂
6) I fear success as much as I fear failure
7) I think I need to take a class on focus and time management… do they have those? I have such an addictive personality that I get absorbed into whatever it is I’m doing, watching, or reading and procrastinate the tasks and chores I need to accomplish. I am considering eliminating all time consuming apps on my phone (wordpress, facebook, pinterest, etc) in order to at least stop doing mind numbing things that pass time I need to put towards more productive things.
this is me to a science