I don’t know the rules of blogging. I suck at social media and keeping up with blogs (mine included) but somehow I have managed to obtain my second Liebster award. It can’t hurt to do this again. Either people read it or they won’t, just the same as a normal blog entry except this one is attached to my SECOND Liebster award (just in case you needed reminded) 😉 I would like to thank A Hungry Runner for nominating me! (btw she is a spunky and fantastic blogger )
There are rules to this award, but it’s all in good fun. It helps people meet one another and connect.
The rules are:
1. you must link back to the person who nominated you
2. you must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. you must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4. you must create 11 questions for your nominees
5. you must notify your nominees
I suppose it’s time to answer Jennifer’s questions…
1. What made you decide to start blogging? I don’t know how to answer this simply. I like to write. I struggle with remembering and sometimes need to just get my thoughts out. It also helps to hold me accountable and adventurous.
2. Who is your fitness idol? (Who do you want to be when you grow up?) Christmas Abbott and Dean Karnazes… If I could look like Christmas and be half the lifter while being half the runner Dean is, I would be stoked
3. Top 3 favorite blogs & why. (yes, I’m aware that’s not a question. Don’t judge me.) I have no answer to that question. I don’t follow anyone well enough to have favorites. I love living vicariously through many.
4. If you have to choose between an event (any type) or a workout, which do you normally pick? On a normal day I pick CrossFit… WHEN HEALTHY I go to CrossFit 4-5x a week with 2-3 cardio days and am hoping to add 1-2 yoga sessions… I have a sweat addiction. When it comes to events, I generally lean towards races since 1. I love my medals 2. I love to travel and 3. I want to run a race (half or further) in all 50 states
5. Do you have a mantra and if so, what is it? It’s literally “You can do this” and “Mind over Matter”
6. Do you chew gum when you run? sometimes if I am not hydrated well enough to keep my mouth from turning into the Sahara desert
7. What is the toughest workout you’ve ever accomplished? uhhhh 14.5 comes to mind immediately, but so does “Filthy Fifty” (we did that one today so it’s fresh on the
pain brain and “Whitten” (did that this past Friday and distinctly remember feeling destroyed)… “Murph”.. most Hero WODs actually…. then again… the day that I completed 50.47 miles also comes to mind… I suck at this. hahaha. 8. Name 3 of your fitness goals – either long or short term. (yep, another non-question) Own my own gym (with a masters degree in exercise science along with lots of various certifications to make me well rounded). Run 100mi. RX “Fran”.
9. Do you have a favorite cooking show? I try to avoid the TV like it’s the plague because once I get into a show, I grow obsessed… Obsessive personality here… Plus I get insanely jealous of the speed at which they chop things. I move like an slug through molasses when chopping or I’ll lose a finger or two 10. What’s the one thing you would drive more than 100 miles to eat? I would not drive that far to eat a specific food, but I would drive that far just to enjoy dinner with someone I adore like my best friends, my husband, or my brother and his wife.
11. (Stealing from the question Andrea asked me because it’s a good question…) What personal moment are you most proud of (athletic or not)? I have a hard time being proud of stuff… Honestly, right now I think I am most proud of surviving The Open this year… I did things I didn’t know I could do. It really depends on the day you ask me, but I know I’m proud of that
I’m not gonna lie. It isn’t easy to figure out who the new blogs are… You have to go and figure out how many followers they have and you wind up with 10957032897 tabs on your IE… No biggie. Then there is the whole one thing says they have so many followers but when you get to their page they have more problem… I did my best to keep it under 200 but no guarantees. They are also on this site because I don’t follow any small blogs outside of this… and while I was going to take this time to find a few new blogs to follow… I can’t figure blogger out and I keep finding big blogs… so I quit. haha.
MY 10 NOMINEES ARE (drum roll please…..) 1. CrossFit Paul 2. A Pinch of Paleo 3. From Dancing to Running 4. Mind Over Matter Mantra 5. Pink Elephants on Parade 6. Sneakers and Stilettos 7. Ironwoman In The Making 8. Dave Berdan’s Running Blog 9. thesecretlifecoachofdc 10. Endurance Diabetic 11. Anchor of Strength
WHEW. That took some digging and browsing time but I am very pleased with the list. I got to live vicariously through so many people over the course of the past couple of days as I read through blogs! 🙂
It’s time for some questions.
1. What do you think Heaven smells like? (I thought of this while in the kitchen brewing coffee while bacon was cooking and thought to myself “this is what heaven smells like”)
2. What’s the goal you are currently working most diligently towards accomplishing?
3. What gets you out of bed when you don’t want to get up? What serves as your motivation on a bad day?
4. What song serves as your anthem?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
6. What is your first childhood memory?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What will you have accomplished? Where will you be going?
9. How do you de-stress?
10. What is a talent that you wish you had? (example: I wish I could either sing or dance well. I can do both but you don’t ever wanna witness it)
11. What is your best characteristic? What is your worst?
And just like that we’re done here folks. 🙂 Happy Friday.