Okay, so I am kinda mentally incapable of grasping the concept of the massive webbing of blogs and ways to follow all the different ones on different threads (that don’t just have the awesome little wordpress follow me buttons). I don’t understand how to get the image (for the Liebster award that Becky at Trails and Ultras has nominated me for… BUT I do know how follow directions (thank goodness this award comes with directions!)
First off let me go ahead and say how insanely thrilled I am to have been nominated for this little honor! That is so incredibly encouraging for me since I have only been blogging since Oct 1 of this year and am bumbling through this as best I can.
The rules for accepting your nomination are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
- You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
11 Random Questions
- If there were a movie based on your life who would play you and why? Holy crap, I don’t have the foggiest idea! Let’s go with Natalie Portman because she is beautiful and amazing (I love Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium).
- What was the last thing you googled? Jogging tours in New Orleans
- What is one of your guilty pleasures? M&Ms… ohhhhh my gosh.
- What is something you know now but didn’t know then? Uhm… what?! I know now that I should have never smoked that first cigarette when I was 21. 6.5 years later I have finally quit (almost 6 weeks now). I know that I shouldn’t have done a lot of things that I am glad that I did because I am where I am now because of it. But believe me when I tell you this… it comes as a total shocker to me that I am obsessed with fitness and nutrition. I had never moved iron or ran when it wasn’t affiliated with some sort of game. There are a lot of things I know now but I didn’t “then”… That’s the point of life… lots of mental and literal head slaps
- What would you consider to be one of your greatest achievements. Completing 50mi during a 12hr race on a 1.03mi track after not running for over two months… and completing the requirements to be a soldier and a medic (soldier medic)
- What is the one thing not many people know about you? I’m the most social ADHD antisocial… I’m socially awkward due to a significant amount of bad experiences with people. It’s a strange phenomenon.
- If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about your life would you? What would it be? I would love to change a lot of things, like postponing my father’s death for several years. I would like to have known the correct path to take in college (psychology wasn’t the right choice)… I would like to have completed a degree while it was free to me. I would like to change a lot of things sometimes… but in reality I would change nothing. Every decision I made in my past has led me to where I am today.
- What is your favorite Disney movie? That’s a loaded question. I have several… The Beauty and the Beast… The Little Mermaid… Hercules… Mulan… I’ll stop there.
- What is something you’ve never done but would like to try? Snowboarding. Professional massage. Hot yoga. Kayaking…
- What is your favorite place to be? I don’t really have an answer to that. I am nomadic by nature. I love to be with my husband or my brother and his wife or my crossfit family… When I am with them I am happy. I am also content when I am on the road… with my feet or in wheels, it does not matter.
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written? I don’t have a favorite. Each one of them is a part of who I am and represents me and the way that I think and live. But if I had to pick one, it would be a tie between “Ultramarathon Man, Pine Needle Pillows, and Neverending Hills” and “An Incredible 4day Weekend (ALMOST) Staycation.”
Here are my 11 nominations of pages that offer inspiration and incredible personalities to match. This took me a long time to compose. Some of these pages are new to me since I had to browse for less than 200 followers. I have read several posts and look forward to future posts from all of these. I found a way to learn how many followers a page had and I think it’s inconsistent and possibly correct. So I apologize to these people if they have more and I have mistaken. As I stated right off the bat, I’m kinda handicapped when it comes to this stuff.
- Run Away With Me
- If I Had To Do It Again…
- The Ambitious Fox
- My Heart and Hamstrings
- Keeping off 200 Pounds
- Willing to Lose [WEIGHT], Racing to Win
- Ramblings of a Baby Mama
- Why I Run Disney
Lastly, I have to come up with 11 questions.
- Win lottery. What is the first thing you would do?
- How do you escape frustrations?
- What’s something you would never do?
- What’s one food you cannot, and will not, live without?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What famous dead person do you think it would be neat to talk to?
- Who is your hero and why?
- Speaking of heroes, what is one super power you wish you had?
- What’s your worst nightmare?
- For the impending zombie apocalypse, what will be your weapon of choice and why?
- You have 3 days to live and an unlimited supply of money. How do you spend your last 3 days on earth?
There you have it folks! Thank you for your time. This has taken me days to prepare. But if you make it to this point you definitely have a better idea of who I am!