Dinner last night was composed of three previously tested and approved recipes that we have written in our “Palatable Dynamite” recipe book. They are so very tasty that I have decided it is time to share them with you.
OVEN ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTSHONEY GLAZED CARROTS
BALSAMIC HONEY TILAPIA
Let’s start with the brussel sprouts. Random fact: I hate brussel sprouts. They are so very icky… I knew they are nutritionally packed, so I needed a way to just get these suckers down the pipe. WINNER!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and make sure top rack is in top third of oven. Mix all the ingredients and place in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake 25 minutes, then stir. Place back in oven to bake for 15 more minutes. Take out and enjoy.
NOTE: This is a very “peppery” dish. I love that. But if you are sensitive to pepper, you may want to step down the amount.
1. add carrots and water to cover them to a sauce pan, cover them, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 5 min.
2. heat oil and honey until honey dissolves (on low) and add the rest of the ingredients.
3. add carrots and stir to cover them. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
NOTE: I used ginger paste last night in the same amount and added a more lively flavor. I should probably have added a wee bit more.
Balsamic Honey Tilapia
1T olive oil
4 (4oz) filets
cracked black pepper
1/3c balsamic vinegar
1. Season both sides of the filet with salt and pepper to your taste preference. Whisk balsamic vinegar and honey together.
2. Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat
3. Cook 1-2 minutes per side.
4. Carefully add balsamic/honey mixture and watch because it bubbles and thickens almost immediately… then remove from heat.
NOTE: Words cannot describe how delicious this simple little recipe is. 🙂